Barred (again)

 

I received my new handlebars this past week, with some spacers and headset bearings and the headset compression plug.

Te original bars seem great, but I wanted fully internal routing of my cables, and they weren't built for that. My mistake there.

I also didn't realize that there were pieces I needed that didn't come with by default, namely the bearings and compression plug.

The bearings are pretty self explanatory, the plug though has a nut that compresses the plug against the fork tube to keep things in place.  

As the fork and tube are carbon fibre, need to use a plug like this, with a specific amount of torque to keep it tight on the one hand, and not break anything on the other.

Next week, or the week after, I should have my wheels, and then, once I pick up a set of tires, I might be ready to start building!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've been Framed!

Winter is Coming....