I've been Framed!

My frame arrived today! This is a CFR 1056 frame from Carbonda.com 

It's matte black, size 56. Has internal cable routing, carbon fibre fork and seat post. 

I didn't realize I needed a headset, and my handlebars will unfortunately not work, so will try to sell those, and replace with ones that do.

I am thinking I may try to paint the internal form and rear wheel areas to look something like this, but I'm really not sure its something I have the talent to do. (PS: If you know anyone that does, let me know!)

While I'm not trying to be totally as light as possible, I am trying to see how light I can be with what I hope are decent, though low budget parts.

I've not weighed the fork or seat post yet, but the frame, including some guides for routing and a cap to protect the seat tube, weigh in at 1087 grams.  So thats pretty light in my books.

I am still hoping to order one or the other of wheels or groupset next month, and the other the month after.

Still need a few tools too I think, and some other odds and ends I'll discover as I go. Other things, like a seat, cable routing, valves are in transit, so hopefully will see more soon.  Hoping to get some carbon assembly paste on the weekend and at least put the seat tube in place.

Couple more pictures of the packaging and unpacking follow.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barred (again)

Winter is Coming....