Handling the Bars

 

UPDATE: I will have to sell these as I misunderstood integrated to mean internal routing, and they will not work with my frame.

The first real part for my bike build has arrived! 

These are from Ali Express, and yes, maybe I am crazy to buy lower tier carbon fibre parts,  but have been researching online and trying my best to follow recommendations.  And if others can be successful, why not me?

In any event, even if it all blows up, I'll have learned how to assemble a bike, and I'm sure I'll have spent more on less.


These are 400mm wide, with a 100 mm integrated stem, and built for internal (well not through the stem) routing. I kinda wanted a 90mm stem, but they didn't have one in stock, and I didn't want to wait.

They came with bar tape, which I'll likely not use as I am going with my orange themed set. And also with multiple mounts for underbar for computers and cameras and the like.

I was going to weigh them, but apparently my scale has stopped working, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .The packaging said 815 grams, but thats for everything, and not really sure how accurate.  Will update in a future post once I get a scale.

I expected a box, but came in tightly wrapped and taped ummm....what is that stuff called? Kinda like flexible styrofoam (The cat is mine, she wasn't included)! Took 17 days from the date I ordered till they arrived, so not too bad really, considering they came from Hong Kong. 

They feel extremely light, and of course that will make me feel a little wary, but that's to be expected based on the material.  Hopefully they won't blow up, and if so, well I'll cross that bridge when i come to it, likely next year before I get everything gathered and assembled.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've been Framed!

Barred (again)

Winter is Coming....