Winter is Coming....

Since 2019, I've become a semi-avid cyclist. At age of 54, I decided I wanted to get back in shape, but living in a very hilly area, I was unable to actually ascend them.

So I started with an e-bike, and have progressed, as my fitness increased, and my weight decreased, to using a gravel bike (Giant Revolt 0) and an endurance road bike (Canyon Endurace CF SL 7 Disc).

I'm very happy with my bikes, but being higher quality than the old CCM targa 10 speed from high school, I really don't know "exactly" how to service them.

To learn to do so, I've decided I'm going to build a new bike, totally from scratch, as a "winter" project.

I DO want a decent set of materials, but I also DO want to be cheap.

So, after much research, I've decided to go for a "cheap chinese" carbon fibre build. 

I've not actually bought anything yet, but have been researching some options from sites such as Chinertown and YouTube videos such as from TraceVelo and have some ideas.

Have been reaching out to some frame manufacturers to start, and I "think" I've settled on a frame, but until I do, I won't post it. 

This blog will likely be sporadic as ordering and receiving these parts will be time consuming, and I can't really build anything till I get at least 2 things.


I will try to do some pictures and/or videos of unboxings as I receive items tho, and will post updates here for that.

I will need to order:

  • Frame
  • Handlebars & Stem
  • Bartape
  • Wheelset
  • Groupset & Bottom Bracket
  • Seat (I do have one, but might get a carbon fibre one to keep the theme)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've been Framed!

Barred (again)